Niagara Falls, Canada: A Global Brand For Business
It was a great and successful way to end the month at the Scotiabank Convention Centre, in Niagara Falls, Canada. The annual Niagara Falls State of the Union Mayors Luncheon kicked off at 11 am with a full house of 500 people at Niagara’s largest meetings and events centre. Mayor Jim Diodati addressed a number of developments for the city including: Niagara’s newest Outlet Mall featuring 100 stores, as well as Niagara’s new South Hospital to the mention of our very own, Hornblower Niagara Cruises. The event welcomed hundreds of business leaders and professionals within the local Niagara community for an afternoon of informative speeches, laughs and tasty culinary delights. Here are some quick facts that you may not know that Hornblower Niagara Cruises will do in 2014
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises employed 30 Canadian employees from Hike Metal in Wheately, Ontario with the building of two new state-of-the-art catamaran boats.
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises will open this Spring and will be the official Canadian boat tour provider of Niagara Falls Boat Tours for the next 30-years.
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises will employ approximately 120 full and part time employees each year.
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises utilized Canadian and local contractors for the operation and continues to utilize local suppliers where possible. (“Many in this room today”)
- Hornblower is expanding the boat tour experience to include evening tours. Visitors can now experience Sunset Cocktail Cruises, Falls Fireworks and Falls Illumination Tours.
- They also hope to play a key role in expanding the tourism season by extending operating season of their boat tours until the end of October.
For more information about Niagara’s newest experience, visit: www.niagaracruises.com