Niagara Falls Family Day 2017
The kids are home from school, mom and dad have the day off work… Now what? Why not plan the perfect weekend in Niagara Falls, Canada for the whole family! Spend this Family Day long weekend in Niagara and you’ll be making memories everyone will share for a lifetime. And with all these great events no one will be bored!
What to Do in Niagara Falls This Family Day
From 10:30 am till 2:00 pm, come have some fun on your day off from school at the Library. Drop-in board games, LEGO, crafts, Wii games and more! Keep entertained and make new friends at the Victoria Avenue Library and the Stamford Centre Library.
This Monday from 2 pm to 4 pm, the entire Niagara IceDogs team will take the ice for an afternoon skate. Players will be on hand to help kids learn some skating basics and will be available for photos and autographs.
There will also be an IceDog-themed selfie-booth, S’more stations, and lots of games and activities with the chance to win some amazing prizes from signed IceDogs memorabilia to IceDogs game tickets. This event is not to be missed and fun for the whole family!
Celebrate Family Day at the Museum for FREE! Sit back and enjoy a performance by JUNO-nominated Mike Ford as he explores Canadian history through song. Performances are at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm. While you’re here make a craft, complete a scavenger hunt and explore the history of our unique city!
Join your Niagara Falls Public Library this Family Day for some Pokémon fun! A craft, scavenger hunt and other Pokémon activities will have the entire family trying to Catch Them All! The library is even a Pokestop on Pokemon GO, so use their free Wi-Fi and see what you can catch in the Library.
February 20th, 2017 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm spend your Family Day with Heartland Forest! Hike on the trails, campfires with spider dogs and bannock, outdoor and indoor learning stations, nature crafts, music and more to engage and delight the entire family! Special features in 2017 include an owl specialist and an introduction to fairy gardens. FREE ADMISSION with lots of affordable family fun!
Not prepared to brave the elements for an outdoor skate? Not to fear, the Gale Centre has you and your family covered! The Gale Centre will be offering free public skating, from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm on Family Day! In addition to free skating, there will be face painting, magic tricks and a live band! For more information, contact 905-356-7521 ext 5601.
Adults Only Family Day Fun
Don’t have any little ones to spend Family Day Long Weekend with this year? We’ve got the adult only families covered too!
Sandman has been together since 1994 touring Canada and the US. What makes this band different from other Metallica tributes is seasoned players, three of the four members played in Helix for three years, and have played with other recording artists. Calling all Metallica fans, you don’t want to miss this tribute!
Celebrate the music of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. This theatrical spectacular will take audiences on a musical journey through the career of one of the greatest entertainers of all time. The Fallsview Casino has your entertainment covered this long weekend!
Best Family Vacation Tips for Niagara Falls
When traveling to Niagara Falls with your family you don’t want to be unprepared! There is a lot to see, and a little planning can go a long way.
- Plan to eat! Your crew is going to get hungry, don’t leave feeding your family up to chance. After all, cookies and crackers will only satisfy a hungry crowd for so long. Clifton Hill has a great selection of dining options that are family friendly. From Boston Pizza to Mama Mia’s, there is something to please even the pickiest of pallets!
- Dress for the weather. Weather in Niagara Falls in February can be fickle. Bring layers, something warm, something dry. And of course, something water resistant to protect against the mist! Forecasters are calling for above average temperatures between 9C and 5C and relatively dry conditions.
- Leave the car at the hotel. Don’t stress over parking or getting lost, use the Niagara Falls WeGo public transit system. This tourism focused bus system will help get you to all the locations you and your family want to visit.
- See it all, without breaking the bank. Check out the Niagara Parks Wonder Pass, which for $22.95 CAN will get you access to three of Niagara Parks top attractions and WeGo bus service for two days.
- SEE THE FALLS! Obviously, the main event for any family visiting Niagara Falls is SEEING the Falls! Make sure to visit during the day and at night. The new $4 million lighting upgrade to the lighting on the American and Canadian Falls makes it a whole new experience. Learn all about the lighting upgrade here before your visit.
Visiting Niagara Falls, Canada
Obviously, Niagara Falls has a lot to offer. But trust us when we tell you there is so much more! So plan to visit during the summer when there is EVEN MORE to do in Niagara. Our boat tours, for example, will begin operating April 1, 2017 weather permitting. And you don’t want to miss your chance to sail into the heart of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls with us!
Tickets can be purchased here now!